We are reminded that the greatest act of love was God the Father freely giving us His Son. It is through our service to others that we make known the love of God in Christ Jesus Christ and His power to transform their lives.
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a
ransom for many." Mark 10:45 (NIV)
It's all about communicating love through our servant's heart and demonstrating compassion, unity, sacrifice, selflessness, and service! This is a time to be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit and act upon thoughts of generosity that arise spontaneously from the heart. It's also a great way to engage and bond as a family. Our children and youth will learn about compassion and service while having a great time!
We encourage everyone to share how God moved while performing their random acts of generosity and service projects. Use the hashtag #tpcismfg to post your favorite Making Friday Good Photos.
Here are 3 ways to serve as a church:
*All volunteers are required to sign a confidentiality form.
Random Acts of Generousity
Seek the leading of the Holy Spirit and act upon thoughts of generosity that arise from the heart. This is a great opportunity to get your family to serve together.
Here are some suggested ways to serve on your own:
- Assist an elderly or disabled person with house cleaning or grocery shopping
- Buy someone a cup of coffee/juice/breakfast or lunch
- Let someone go ahead of you in line
- Visit nursing homes and hospitals and offer to pray with them
- Offer a couple of hours of free respite care
- Help someone with yard work
- Donate gently used or new clothing or household items
- Donate blood
- Donate teddy bears or stuffed animals to children who are in the hospital