Dept / Ministry: Virtual Ministry | Work Hours: Full Time – OR – Part Time (2)
To engage believers, explorers and visitors who are connected to The Park Church “TPC” on social media platforms. Be instrumental in drawing explorers and seekers to our worship services and become engaged in various ministry related activities, ultimately growing and developing as a disciple of Christ. This role will report to the Virtual Ministry Director. The Social Media Specialist will be responsible to train and lead our digital ambassadors (volunteers) to enhance and maintain The Park Church’s reputation and brand with an active, consistent, and on-going social media presence.
The core competencies needed for successful fulfillment of job responsibilities are listed below:
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms
- Solid understanding of social media trends
- Creative and innovative abilities
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills
- Graphic and video editing skills (preferred)
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Documentation management
- Good organizational skills
Primary Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, independently, and exercise sound professional judgment
- Zero in on The Park Church brand and communication and marketing strategy
- In collaboration with the Virtual Ministry Director, identify the Key Performance Indicators and track performance
- Lead a team of digital content ambassadors (volunteers)
- Facilitate the editing of long to short video clips of worship services, Bible Study, TPN, and other announcements; partner with Studio P
- Participate in the ideation of original content production (text and video)
- Create content – writing both short- and long-form posts, sourcing images, repurposing user-generated content, photographing services and events, and producing short-form videos
- Track, analyze and report results for organic content, posts, special promotions, etc.
- Stay abreast of social media and digital marketing trends
- College degree in Communications, Digital Marketing, Graphic Design (preferred)
- 1-2 years’ experience working with the digital creative development process
- Experience posting text, graphics and video to social media platforms (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, etc.)
- Coordinate and communicate digital media performance metrics
- Ability to develop and present strategic recommendations and communicate to leadership
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in an open space with other team members.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Typical church environment large and small group gatherings that include loud music. It is required that all TPC staff members are in agreement with the vision, values and statement of faith of TPC and adhere to the guidelines and conditions for employment as outlined in the Employee Handbook. It is a privilege to serve the Lord in ministry at TPC. Those who serve God at TPC are expected to embrace a high biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle both public and personal.