It’s that time again! Who will make the play-offs? Make your predictions for the 2024 Super Bowl LVIII.
It’s that time we set aside to honor the wonderful gift from God in the person of Bishop Claude Richard Alexander, Jr. This year we are celebrating 33 years of his faithful service and leadership. This celebration will culminate on September 24th with an Anniversary / Send-off as our Bishop will begin his time of Sabbatical rest.
Park family, we welcome you to flood social media with pics, well wishes, and notes to our Bishop, utilizing the hashtag #Bishop33 as
we honor this Giant in God’s Kingdom.
You don’t want to miss a moment in September, but you certainly don’t want to miss the fourth Sunday as we celebrate our Pastor.
Get involved and grow! If you are a young lady, or know of a young lady, between the ages of 5-18 who would like to learn more about The Park Church Girl Scouts, please contact Crystal Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings begin in September, and we don’t want you to miss this opportunity to be engaged.
On Sunday, September 10th, we will celebrate Disabilities Awareness and provide you with some important facts and information. You don’t want to miss this Sunday as our P.L.U.S. ministry leads the way in this effort.
In conjunction with raising awareness about Sickle Cell, we are planning to host a community blood drive in partnership with the American Red Cross on Sunday, September 17th, from 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at BFR. Please plan to make a difference in someone’s life during this time.
In observance of this month, we’ve launched a new Living Faith Library course that reviews Biblical examples of suicide, ponders the question “why,” and explores the answer. This online course is led by instructor and licensed counselor Tondra McLaurin. Free and open to the public. Get started.
For the month of September, we’ll discuss the tough but prevalent topic of suicide. We’ll look at Biblical examples, ponder the question “why” and explore the answer.
Correction: The café is open on first Sundays only.
Visit the Family Life and Wellness Center on Sundays to enjoy what our Café has to offer.
Breakfast is served before service from 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. Or stop by for an after-service meal.
- Salmon patties
- Pork Bacon
- Pork sausage
- Turkey bacon
- Chicken wings
- Chicken and Waffles
- Hash browns
- Fried & Baked Chicken
- White meat $12
- Dark meat $10
- Oxtails $22
- Salmon $15
- Collard Greens
- Steamed Broccoli
- Mac & Cheese
- Rice & Beans
Please e-mail your to-go orders to theparkcafe.org Sunday by 10 a.m.
As the church, we partner with parents and families to provide safe, Christ-centered environments for children of all ages, and we are looking forward to providing that type of space with the re-opening of The Park Church nursery to be available to care for our little ones during worship service. Parents, please stay plugged in with us so that you can get all the details about when this will happen.
We are excited about serving families in this way, so, for those of you
who would love to help us care for our nursery-aged youth and feel
God is leading you to be a part of their nurturing, please send a
message to email@example.com so that we can communicate details with
you about how to plug in and get connected.
Wondering what to do this summer? We’ve compiled a list of summer reading resources — including books, studies, devotionals and plans — to stay refreshed in God’s Word and to continue growing along your faith journey.
Check it out here.
We as a church family collectively and individually mourn the loss of our dearly beloved Minister Eric Reed.
The following are acute/normal reactions to loss: Feeling numb/shocked, Crying episodes, Eating and sleeping disturbances, Inability to focus/concentrate, Irritability, Feeling detached from others, Anger.
The Counseling Ministry is available to support you during this difficult time. Please feel free to reach out to Tondra McLaurin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Raynette Covington at email@example.com.
The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
South America Mission is seeking an accountant for its ministry. To learn more about this opportunity, see the full job description: Accountant Opening. To apply, please submit your completed Employment Application, résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Location: Fort Mill, SC. Primary Contact: Katherine Buehler
Access your guide for our 2023 Park Church “Activate and Engage” Ministry Fair.
Graduates will be recognized during the 9:45 a.m. worship service on Sunday, June 11, 2023. If you are a graduating high school or college/university student, and a member of The Park Church, please complete this form no later than Monday, May 22nd in order to participate in Graduation Sunday festivities.
For more than three decades, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF) has awarded scholarships to talented and deserving students.
Each year, they award more than 300 scholarships to students that demonstrate leadership ability through exemplary community service and academic talent.
Applications are now open at: www.cbcfinc.org.
Work Hours: Full-Time (40 Hours)
The Director of Health & Wellness at the Park Church is designed to lead the administrative efforts and ongoing operation of the Health & Wellness Ministry. By virtue of it’s function to engage both Park Church members and the community at large, this position will interface between both the Church and the CDC (Community Development Corporation) relationship with the Park Church Ministries. This position will report to the Chief Ministry Officer at The Park Church and will also support strategic efforts of the CDC as identified.
This role will provide oversight and deployment of programmatic offerings to the church ranging from youth through Senior Adults. These programs are not limited to physical fitness health, but also mental health awareness access to resources and programs offered by the church and the community at large. The position function of services and offerings should align to the mission of The Park Church which is: The Park Church exists to extend the Love, the Life, and the Lordship of Jesus Christ to every person, in every way, in every place, and at every time that the opportunity is given.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and maintain a programmatic schedule of Health and Wellness programs during each year
- Create ministry plan strategy and budget for calendar year offerings
- Build and bridge community awareness to Health & Wellness offerings available from The Park Church
- Act as a Liasson between The Park Church and community partners current and newly identified to ensure message continuity and fostering relational rapport
- Oversee structured volunteer communication for scheduled events
- Create, ideate and recommend to Park Leadership new opportunities to engage with initiatives that foster Health & Wellness
- Document and contain metrics that are reportable on member and community engagement
- Coordinate, as publicly accessible (emerging from COVID) sports programs, leagues and events that build into community around Health & Wellness)
- Create a refreshed Membership Program (Park Member rate & Public rate) for offered services
- Ensure The Park Church – Seniors (Pacesetters & Prime-Timers) have active engagement opportunities
- Facilitate volunteer meetings to disseminate information, guidance and appeal for service support opportunities
- Perform required administrative tasks in a timely manner
- Utilize Social Media avenues for promotion, awareness and opportunities to market events
- Provide data metrics as captured and consolidated on activities, programs and events
- Document and communicate any incidents for Park Management team to be aware of
- Supply Park Ministry Leadership with feedback and suggestions as they arise for added efficiencies, impact and value to those we serve
- Administrative people skills, PC skills (email, Word, Excel, social media a plus)
- Experience working with peer ministry leaders and build cross ministry engagement
- Effective presentation skills and ability to present, position Health And Wellness within The Park Church and with Community Partners and the public as needed
- Facilitate and bring strategy, suggestions and direction alongside the CDC for events, efforts and campaigns that bring value to the Charlotte community
- Ability to diffuse un expected communication interactions in the moment with calm demeanor
- To have a Servant Leadership mentality
- To live an exemplary life modeling the call, character and competencies becoming a servant leader of Christ
- Experience in building, maintaining a volunteer team providing inspiring direction and responsibilities
- Proficient in developing leagues, competitive events, tournaments and offerings
- Past Program management, organizational and effective delegation experience a plus
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Social media management: 1 year (Required)
- CPR Certification (Required)
Join First Lady Kim Alexander in this three-part lesson that illustrates how you can cultivate the “garden of your soul” through preparation, planting and harvesting.
We’re led to fulfill our God-given mission under the guidance of our Lead Pastor Bishop Claude R. Alexander, Jr. and Leading Lady Dr. Kimberly Nash Alexander. Meet our leaders.
Join and support our leadership team in fulfilling The Park mission. Browse open positions.
Text ‘THEPARKCHURCH’ to 704-271-9007. Enter ‘1’ in the message area and follow the prompts to submit your donation. Message and data rates may apply.
Request an envelope to give in-person at our Beatties Ford Road location.
Mail your donation to our main church office: The Park Church Beatties Ford Road, 6029 Beatties Ford Road, Charlotte, NC 28216
Safely and securely donate to The Park Church using your bank’s draft or bill pay service. Submit your bank draft or mail your official bank check to: The Park Ministries, Inc., 6029 Beatties Ford Rd., Charlotte, NC 28216
If you’re an avid Amazon shopper, make The Park Church your charity of choice. Visit smile.amazon.com and pick The Park Ministries Inc. Shop and donate
We’re excited to have you join us in fulfilling God’s will for His people. Through new member orientation, we’ll help you get plugged in to The Park.
Connect with a minister who will guide you through the process of joining the body of Christ.
Through ministry, we graciously offer our God-given talents to build up the body of Christ. Use your gifts
Life Groups offer a more immersive and intimate environment for navigating the key stages of your life with fellow believers. Walk together
Grow in your understanding and application of God’s Word through Bible Studies designed for various walks of life. Find your study
Director of Technology
Chief Financial Officer
IT / Professional Services
Ministry Assistant to the Pastor
Chief of Staff
Minister of Outreach / Lead Engagement Support Specialist
Director of Christian Counseling
Director of Pastoral Care and Counseling
Executive Assistant to the Pastor
Director of Security
Director of Experience, Assimilation and Men’s Ministry
Minister of Christian Maturity
Minister of Youth and Singles
Director of Facilities